What's the future of revolvers?

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by PvtParts, Dec 17, 2014.

1. PvtParts

PvtParts Rookie Shooter

Are there technologies out there improving this niche? Or will it become a relic of the past and just an antique to be collected?
  2. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

The revolver is a pretty mature technology. There has been some development in making them lighter weight, easier to produce, etc. It is hard to imagine a huge leap forward in the design at this juncture though.
  3. Philosophydaddy

Philosophydaddy Beginner Shooter

Yeah seems like there isn't much more to improve on with regards to revolver design. It is a basic, reliable platform for a weapon system. I think the only improvements we'll see is in ammo that can be used for the revolver but then that's not specific to the platform because magazine fed pistols use the same ammo.
  4. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Charter Arms actually developed a series of revolvers than run automatic cartridges (9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP) without the need for a moon clip. The Medusa revolver was similar, but it is no longer made, unfortunately.
  5. miketx60

miketx60 Rookie Shooter

Considering that revolvers can be had that chamber a cartridge way more powerful than just about all SA, I'd say they are here to stay. Plus some revolvers can fire more than one caliber. And then, when some ninny of a libtard female tells me that the only reason I have a gun is to bolster my lack of manhood, I can look down on her ignorant media fed self and say, "If that were true, I never would have bought a revolver with a 2 inch barrel!" :)