What is your go to handgun for home defense or permitted carry

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by titohunter, Jun 24, 2014.

1. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

Mine is the desert eagle .50 even tho everyone hates desert eagles. They're are very heavy for a pistol and they're kinda messy and sometimes jam but i still cling to it probably because of the power im so in love with i guess. Im keeping it no matter how crappy people think it is ! What's yall's go to handgun?
  2. Determined2014

Determined2014 Rookie Shooter

Mine is a 9mm glock, I love it because I am comfortable while using it.
  3. titohunter

I swapped to The judge magnum 6.5 inch barrel with a flashlight, laser, and scope it is all i need. Its more reliable and simple. I can do anything in this world with the same gun and not have to swap for anything i am doing.
  4. titohunter

I don't think i'm a glock guy. For some reason it makes me feel thuggish. I also don't like the one in the chamber thing. Its not for me.
  5. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

Mine is a Glock19 which is a 9mm and I love it! It was my husband's ... he loved it too and after he took it to the range with us and I fired it I fell in love. I thought I wasn't a Glock girl either until I shot one. :) You don't have to carry one in the chamber by the way, although I always do.
  6. titohunter

Women around me don't like glocks because they can't "trust" them i don't think. lol They trust revolvers because you can just simply open it and look straight through it.
  7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I don't have any money for a gun yet. If I were to have one to carry conceal I would go with a Glock 17 9mm.
  8. bocat

bocat Rookie Shooter

For home defense i have a kel tech shotgun. Hopefully its reliable. I carry an old sig with a red dot for concealed carry.
  9. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Out of curiosity, how do you pack that monster around? A month or so ago I saw someone open-carrying one in town and it was huge. I can't imagine concealed carry would be very easy unless you're André the Giant. ;)

As to the question, I've packed a lot of different handguns over the years. The top of the list are a 1911 (vehicle carry), baby Glock (Model 27), snub revolver (Taurus 605), and a Kel-Tec P32 for when wearing certain clothes. Of them, the Kel-Tec is the easiest to pack (naturally), but I have be going with the 605 more and more due to the, relative, ease of concealed carry, the simple design (point and click interface :D), and the availability of good defensive loads (.38 Spl +P and .357 Mag.).
  10. Profit5500

I looked at that Kel-Tec P32 handgun and it looks decent. I did not think Kel-Tec made a CCW like handgun I like the assault rifle and shotgun that they made. The site budsgunshop has the Kel-Tec P32 chambered for 32ACP for $237 with free shipping.
  11. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Indeed they do. They've made compact 9mm, .380ACP and .32ACP pocket guns for a while. The early ones were a little hit and miss quality wise, but I've had great results with the P32.
  12. xHysteria

xHysteria Rookie Shooter

I love my .45 handballer. I think I've mentioned it before, it's pretty sleek and sexy looking and it's been my favorite for years.
  13. Profit5500

The early models for anything are going to be hit or miss. I just try to see the later results. I have not fired one but I may just watch some Youtube vids to see how it is.
  14. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

My dad has the .380 and I just hate that little thing. I would definitely take the try before you buy approach with them if you can find a range that will let you rent one for a couple of hours. I may still get one because I want something small enough to slip in my pocket when I am just running to the convenience store or something, but all it has to do is get me to the car where there is a full size Glock waiting.

I am sure that they will do the job and any gun is better than no gun, but they aren't fun to shoot at all and I had a lot of issues with accuracy. I will say that it was my first time trying to fire something that small. I am used to bigger handguns.
  15. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I currently have my Smith and Wesson M&P9 next to my bed since it's my only pistol, however I've just placed an order for something that will likely replace it when it arrives in a couple days. ;)
  16. Profit5500

How is that Smith & Wesson M&P 9? The Smith & Wesson M&P 9 are supposed to be one of the good ones for handguns. I wish that I can hold on to one and use it.
  17. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I haven't actually shot it yet. I'm waiting for some warmer weather and since our gun laws are screwed, I can't take it out to the bush to shoot like I do with the rest of my guns. I do play with it a lot though. :D
  18. Profit5500

That blows man I just do not know why your country has so many strict laws? Even though in the USA there are some strict laws here too there still some sort of leniency. It is sad that the law is preventing you from shooting that gun.