What are your experiences with red dot scopes?

Discussion in 'Optics' started by Thomas, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I recently purchased a second hand race gun, equipped with a red dot scope. The scope is a pretty cheap brand, but what can I expect from a package that cost me less then 900 bucks? For those of you who have used red dot scopes, which brand to you recommend?
  2. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

My personal favorite are the ncStar red dot sights, I was never much of a red dot sight man, I much preferred either using iron sights or just using basic 6x optical zoom scopes for my rifle, that was until a friend of mine and myself went onto a shooting range, we brought our own guns and he let me fire away at his.

That's when I decided I loved red dot, it was an ncStar brand as is mine and I would wholeheartedly recommend them to you.
  3. Jobenvy

Jobenvy Rookie Shooter

Love them for close quarters shooting not very suitable for long shots since the dot tends to drown out your target at distance. Best for low light much better than iron sights, however when that bat dies you better have a back up plan, so even with red-dots you need to have your iron sights zeroed in.