Transferable 40MM ...

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by GearZ, Jan 28, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I was doing some research on transferable C&R machine guns this morning and came across this. A fully transferable, civilian legal 40mm grenade launcher. I have no interest in going through the hoops to buy one myself, but its too gonzo not to post.

"Say hello to my lil' friend ..." ;)

[​IMG]
  2. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

What kind of ammunition is civilian legal though? If you can only get bean bag rounds, it may not be that difficult. I would certainly love to fire off a few grenades though!
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Good question. Bean bags, inert rounds, paint cartridges, buckshot, etc., are completely unregulated. However, if you want explosive rounds, they are each NFA-regulated devices and therefore require a Form 1/4 and $200 tax per cartridge. That's pretty expensive plinking. ;)
  4. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I think I would purchase just one explosive round. You have to admit, it would be fun to blow something up at least once! I do wonder though; if the rounds are legal, is it still illegal to detonate them? There must be some stipulation in the law.
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

IIRC, you have to report when the device is detonated and therefore no longer around. I can't even imagine what type of zoning, fire safety, etc., precautions you'd have to meet at the local/county/state level though.
  6. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I'm sure that most cities have some kind of rule against it. You'd pretty much have to drive all the way out to jerk water to fire it. To me, it wouldn't be worth it. Not only would it be expensive, but inconvenient.
  7. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Agreed on it being not worth it. The destructive device (DD) collectors are a small niche of the small NFA niche out there. About the only practical thing I could think one of these thing is with buckshot loads, but considering the redtape and taxes and the fact that a decently setup shotgun platform is a better option, that is a pretty big stretch.
  8. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

It's....just so beautiful, if you were caught with anything like that over hear they would immediately have the armed police kicking your doors in hehe, It must be great to live in America. where your gun laws are so lax.
  9. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

True, though the regulation on destructive devices (like a 40mm bloop-tube) is still pretty darn strict.
  10. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

Really great when the gangsters down the street own assault rifles. We need sensible regulations that protect innocent people and still allow reasonable people to own reasonable guns. If gun owners get involved in the process instead of saying (as the owner of a different forum did) that the death of little children is fine as long as he can own his assault weapons, we may be able to keep our guns and be safe at the same time. 40 mm paint balls sound like fun. What about smoke grenades, or things that go bang but aren't really grenades? Like some sort of toy.
  11. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

I have to admit that I enjoy making things go bang i safe places. Big firecrackers are fun, and as a kid I would frequently engineer bigger firecrackers. Take an m80 and tape a bunch of black cats to it. Today I would probably be investigated by the NSA. I never blew up anything but a pile of sand. Still sounds like fun.
  12. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Gangsters generally don't bother obeying gun laws either. Like these two guys caught building machine-guns and silencers. The former is de facto banned and the latter is very strictly regulated.