Super Shorty on the way ....

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by GearZ, Sep 30, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Ah, yah! Back in June, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Serbu Super Shorty. Its the original configuration with a Mossberg receiver. It has a two-round magazine tube plus one in the spout.

It took a jaw-dropping three months for the ATF to approve the Form 3 from the seller to my dealer, but last week I went up there and got the Form 4 started. The tax stamp on this little zipper is only $5 which is, literally, less than I paid in postage to send it back to the ATF. Word is F4s wait times are getting shorter. Once approved, I'll get to plink on the property with something like this:

[​IMG]

No, its not for skeet. ;)
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Of course that shotgun would not be good for skeet shooting. Its only got a short barrel and two rounds lol. Still it would be fun to shoot.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

(teehee). I was naturally joking about the skeet thing. Though since I have a penchant for being a bit wacky, I think I will try using it for some "pasture clays" (e.g., informal trap). If for no other reason that to laugh at the huge miss rate and to say I once shot clays (or at at least at them) with a Super Shorty. ;)
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  4. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Well, finally, our federal friends OKed my NFA adventures. Somewhat surprisingly, both stamps were approved within the same week. Below is the Super Shorty, the .22 can, and the Skorpion mentioned elsewhere. I may be working long hours, sicker than a dog with a sinus infection, and am dealing with the antics of a toddler, but today was a damn good day anyway one slices it. ;)

For your viewing enjoyment:
    [​IMG]
  5. Profit5500

From the looks of things you look like you were going on a mission LOL. Still two classic weapons to come by. The suppressor for the Skorpion looks sick.
  6. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

In order to tame the recoil, I ran some of those 2.2" 00 buck loads through them the other day. It worked: it cycled perfectly and the recoil was hardly anything. I think I'm going to try them in my full-sized 500 too.
  7. Profit5500

Wait you got a S&W 500 too ? Man you got an arsenal of weapons there LOL. I feel so left out since I have not fired a gun yet.
  8. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

No, a Mossberg 500. It is a pump-shotgun. Not to be confused with the handcannon built by S&W.