Sporting Clays?

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by GearZ, Aug 1, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Is anyone involved with the Sporting Clays? It looks like a ton of fun but, alas, there isn't a facility near by for me to try it out. It sort of combines trap and skeet, but with a lot more variation.

Anyway, just curious. Thanks all.
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I don't even have any sporting clays nor a nearby range. I heard its fun but I never really gone clay shooting.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I hear you. The thing sporting clays is you need a lot space to make it happen, that may be why few clubs are so set up. There's a reason why its referenced to as "golf with a shotgun". Five Stand is a bit more common, but there still isn't much option in the rural area I live.
  4. Profit5500

I wish I could just go to the range and even if its indoor I would be happy enough. I just don't have the money to go to the range and shoot guns right now. There used to be a range in the town that I lived in but people complained about the noise so it was shutdown.
  5. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Rookie Shooter

We love shooting skeets, that is what we call it here in Georgia. I bought my son a Claw Hawk skeet shooter for christmas about 7 years back. It will hold about 3 at a time, you anchor it down with metal stakes. Cock it back and pull a string and off they go. We have lots of space as we live in the country, it is great fun. The shells are a bit expensive, but a box of skeets go a long way, not to pricey at all. We shoot with 20 gauage and 4-10 mostly. Everyone wants to come over and join in the fun.
  6. Profit5500

How long have you lived in the country? I live in a suburban like area so no big country fields for me lol. I would love to go shooting but I don't have the money yet to go out and shoot guns.