Site Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Amdac, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

Lately, due to this site's slow growth, I've been considering changing it to a more full blown website. What I basically mean is that instead of being primarily a forum, there would be a full site with the forum being secondary.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of content to build the site around, but I'm hoping that additional content would draw in more traffic and give the site more of a purpose.

I would love to be one of the big names on youtube and do hundreds of gun videos, but Canada's laws limit what I'm able to shoot and where, so being a youtube superstar is challenging.

I definitely like the idea of the forum being the primary page since most successful gun forums are, but it seems to be challenging to compete on that level.

Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas?
  2. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

With respect to the YouTube channel idea, would forum members be able to upload vids? Maybe some kind of review channel/network would be of interest to those visiting. While none of us can review a ton of hardware, each of us doing a few here or there might add up. I don't know, just a wild thought.

Beyond that, maybe some kind of preparedness/firearm cross over? There is some of that on various sites, of course, but I can't think of one of the top of my head that is exclusively "firearms for preparedness". Again, I don't know, just throwing some ideas out.
  3. Jessi

Jessi Rookie Shooter

You may not be able to shoot videos, but do you have access to trying out different guns in general? Reviews are always a hit in this niche, even without videos.

Or as mentioned by GearZ, if you could get others to submit their reviews and videos, too, then that could work. It might take time to build up that kind of community involvement, though.
  4. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

The only guns I have access to are my own and those of a few friends. Between all of us, there are probably about 25 guns, 15 or so are different models. I'm still playing a bit with the idea.