Protection?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by JoanMcWench, Oct 28, 2013.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Rookie Shooter

I was looking for something (other than a gun, clearly) for self defense. Really, the only criteria I plan to adhere to is that whatever the choice it has to be easily concealed and quick on the draw.

As a suggestion I have heard Blast Knuckles are a buy to consider. Though I was concerned that these were more bark than bite.
    [​IMG]
  2. NM shooter

NM shooter Rookie Shooter

Those things are supposed to pack 950,000 volts of knockdown power. That should put anyone down. Check out these idiots playing with one.
  3. JoanMcWench

lol I know. I have seen the numerous YouTube videos. I guess my concern is that batteries are involved and would not the strength of the battery determine the blast?
  4. NM shooter

NM shooter Rookie Shooter

Yeah, it looks like it uses 2 little lithium batteries. There are other types of stunguns that have rechargeable batteries in them. That would probably be better cause you could keep it charged up all the time. When you get back home you just plug it in to keep it topped up.
  5. JoanMcWench

That's a much better idea. It seems in my state there are limitations on the voltage so I have to find one that fits my hands, my needs, and the law. Boo.
  6. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsu Beginner Shooter

Unfortunately, due to morons and libbies wanting to control our lives (or are the later also the former? :) ), the options for legal non-lethal self-defense are almost more limited than lethal, anymore. I've heard that some places it's worse to be caught with pepper spray than a pistol...
  7. JoanMcWench

That is really depressing. If that ISN'T sarcasm would you happen to know whereabouts that is? I'd love to read into how it got that way.
  8. RedNeckJiuJitsu

Can't recall off the top of my head where that was or if it was sarcasm, but it wouldn't surprise me. The libby gov't doesn't want you to protect yourself in any way, because that means that you might stand up to them when they try to take your freedoms.
  9. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Actually, those would hurt! My only problem with that concept is, the criminals will have guns. You can't bring brass knuckles to a gun fight. Throw in all the gun control you want, people that don't obey laws will have guns-pretty simple.
  10. RedNeckJiuJitsu

When law-abiding citizens are stripped of their weapons, only the government and criminals will be armed. Many law-abiding citizens think that making more laws will also take guns away from criminals, but they seem to forget that criminals are such because they break the law in the first place.
    MrLuke likes this.
  11. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Exactly RedNeck. The concept is so simple, it amazes me anybody in the world can fail to see it. Do speed limits prevent people from speeding? What also gets me is the attempt to punish the law abiding folk because of what the criminals do. That would be like banning an evening wine drinker because a drunk driver killed someone. If people continue being immune to logic, history will repeat itself yet again.
  12. RedNeckJiuJitsu

It's not about guns. It is, however, about control. Unarmed people are easier to control and cow into submission. Sometime in the future, the most brutal dictator ever will arise and control the entire world, killing off those who oppose him. It will be a lot easier to do that if the people have been stripped of their defense.
  13. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I agree RedNeck. In fact, it would be a near impossibility to disarm the citizens of the US. The difficulty can be considerably reduce however, if people slowly give up their rights. At the present, it's pretty hard to pass stricter gun laws in this country. On top of that factor, add in state laws that refuse to acknowledge federal laws. I'm thankful for this, but it may not always be this way.
  14. swagger

swagger Rookie Shooter

To be fair, running at someone with one of those, you'd probably be shot while running.
  15. MrLuke

MrLuke Rookie Shooter

I wouldn't go for any of this high-tech stuff. No, the best form of protection, which always has been, is a good old truncheon. Loads of weight mixed with a hard bit of wood creates havoc in the everyday muggers brain, quite literally. It is either that or a .357 Revolver. Whip one of them out and those robbers are going down! No need for your electrocution rubbish, I'd rather go old school.
  16. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I would prefer to use my own fists, I'm a trained martial artist and have several under my belt, all you need to do to drop someone is to hit them underneath their left or right arms where there is no fat protecting the ribs, hit someone there and regardless of how big they are they will drop.
  17. WeDontSleep

WeDontSleep Rookie Shooter

If you want something non-lethal, I suggest pepper spray. Pepper spray requires no special skills, you simply spray it at whoever is attacking you, works great on both humans and dogs, the effects can last up to an hour which gives you plenty of time to run away or call the police or whatever.
  18. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

Yes I suppose your right but pepper spray tends to be in small cans and if your being attacked by multiple opponents then there is not much that the pepper spray can do.
  19. WeDontSleep

WeDontSleep Rookie Shooter

Your average can of pepper spray has about 6 seconds of spray time until it runs out, in my opinion that's enough for everyone. Unless you're being attacked by 5 or even 10 people, you shouldn't be in too much trouble. There are also different types of pepper spray, some spray in a cloud, some do this very focused stream that's a lot more powerful and can even cause vomiting.
  20. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I dunno that all sounds great and everything but I'm still of the opinion that, pepper spray can only do so much to defend you and honestly as much as I hate violence, I would rather use my hands.