Optics for a 10/22?

Discussion in 'Optics' started by GearZ, May 27, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Hello all. I've generally kept our 10/22 stock, with the exception of aftermarket magazines. I recently bought a thread adapter so that when we finally receive the suppressor, it can be hushed. I've been kind of kicking around a small, low-power scope for this little rifle for use in small game hunting (e.g., rabbit and squirrel).

Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks.
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I can't say enough good things about my 3-9x40 BSA Mil-Dot scope, especially considering how cheap it was in the first place. I paid roughly $150 in Canada which means it's probably closer to $100 if you're down south. I've had it on my .22 for about five years now without any issues and I absolutely love it.

Official site: http://www.bsaoptics.com/scope.aspx?productID=56

I'm sure you've seen it in the other thread, but it's this guy:

[​IMG]
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Thanks for the information and link. A C-Note, give or take, is very reasonable for good optics.

Tangentially, do you hunt any small game with the setup pictured above?
  4. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

Nope, but I do hunt very small targets with great success! :D
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Thanks again for the notes.

Tangentially, in the off-chance someone does a similar setup, the thread adapters are a bad idea. There can be a situation in which there is a lack of concentricity to the bore and a resulting baffle strike can occur. I pitched the adapter and bought a threaded barrel instead. It was more expensive than the adapter, but a blow suppressor would hit the pocket book a lot harder.