Nothing says weapons attachment like ... flamethrower?

Discussion in 'Weapon Attachments' started by GearZ, Mar 11, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I don't know if the Finns just need to clear the driveway before heading off to war or what, but how's about a Suomi KP/-31 with a flamerthrower under it? o.0

[​IMG]

I vaguely recall the Germans coming up with a single-shot, under-slung flamethrower of some type in the late 80s, so maybe the idea lingers on. ;)

Anyway, posting for the grins. :D
  2. Slacktrack

Slacktrack Moderator Staff Member

That would be handy for dealing with snow up here in Canuckistan. However, I have used a tank to plough snow. It might not beat an underslung flamer but is that overkill enough?

I imagine that an SMG / Flamethrower combo would be absolutely lethal in an urban environment.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

haha, maybe combine the two and go flamethrowing tank:
    [​IMG]

They were nicknamed "Zippos" back in the day. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to light a cigar with one. The boys in the Wehrmacht didn't seem to mind though:
    [​IMG]
  4. Slacktrack

Slacktrack Moderator Staff Member

I think everyone back in the day had a flame-thrower tank variant. The British Crocodile was pretty nasty due to the amount of armour it had.[​IMG]

They even had a version mounted in a Universal Carrier called the Wasp. You'd have to be a pretty chill guy to run a flame-thrower. The stress of wondering when you were going to burn to death due to a lucky enemy shot must have been brutal.
  5. lolinternets125

lolinternets125 Rookie Shooter

Man I would be terrified to be in a flame tank like that and even more terrified to be on the receiving end. It must get really toasty when they are letting lose with the flame thrower.

Personally, flame weapons seem like one of the more diabolical tools of warfare. Being roasted seems like a particularly ****ty way to die.
  6. skywatcher

skywatcher Rookie Shooter

Oh my gosh, I didn't think you could actually put a flamethrower as an attachment for a weapon. I am seriously without knowledge of these things at all, haha! But this is too awesome to conceive. The craziest I've ever seen so far was a friend of my father's attaching a chainsaw on his rifle (or was it the other way around?) through some bizarre sorcery, but aside from that, this is the coolest I've ever heard and seen.
  7. taki

taki Rookie Shooter

A chainsaw? That is just mad whacked man. I'd be afraid that the vibration would knock my sights off when I need to take a long range shot. In fact, I'm almost positive that such a setup would cause sight creep.