I like to shoot things with my 80 pound badger cross-bow pistol this bow is not joke!

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by MichaelAnders, Jul 3, 2014.

1. MichaelAnders

MichaelAnders Rookie Shooter

[​IMG]

This weapon is amazingly powerful, you can reuse ammo over and over so I think it is pretty efficient. The one I got costed around 60 dollars, it shoots 6 inch bolts that really pack a punch with 110 full pounds of energy upon the target. It is similar to what a 22. long rifle rimbolt cartridge would do, and at a 150 feet per second. You can also shoot explosive arrows too, it will go straight through a watermelon. Ammo is cheap usually 10 bolts for 6 dollars.
  2. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

That thing is nice man. Ive been shopping around for cross bows. Can this thing kill a boar you think? How many pounds of pressure from a crossbow does it take to kill a boar.
    MichaelAnders likes this.
  3. MichaelAnders

MichaelAnders Rookie Shooter

Thanks and yes you can most certainly kill a wild boar with 80 pounds of pressure to a key spot on the boar and get a kill. The required pressure to actually kill a boar is about 50 pounds but with this particular bow I have since it is 80 pounds I will get an extra 30 pounds on to that so I not only think that it will but I know it will, plus the good thing about bows is if you feel like pulling it out of the boar's head that you just killed you can reuse the arrow tips over I have shot the ones I have over and over into all sorts of target metal and wood and they are still durable.
  4. GunCon103

GunCon103 Rookie Shooter

Pretty cool looking. I have a small cheapo hand crossbow for shooting moles and other small animals that tear up my garden out here. The firing mechanism kind of sucks but can't really complain for $30 at a flea market.

I guess I'm just glad I don't have to worry about this dinky little thing killing a wild boar. Biggest thing out here is deer and the occasional coyote. The coyotes usually keep their distance from the neighborhood though.