Favorite 22?

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Charity, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Charity

Charity Rookie Shooter

I know that almost everyone starts off shooting on a 22. So my question is what is everyones favorite make and model of the 22? For me I really like to have the Marlin, but I know other people have different ideas.
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

Mine will be very biased, but it's the two that I own(ed). For semi-auto, I'd take a Ruger 10-22 any day. I have over $1000 put into in mine and that fact that it's so customizable is what makes it appealing to me.

For bolt action, I loved my old Savage Mark II that I have since sold. Slap a nice stock, bipod, and scope on it, and it's about as awesome as it gets.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Ditto the 10/22. I'm not a huge rimfire fan, but I do like Ruger's handy little carbine quite a bit. We haven't done a lot of customization, but we have a bunch of large capacity mags and a I installed a threaded barrel so that the silencer can be used with it. As a plinker or a small game rifle, it doesn't get a whole lot better. Particularly at the price point they sell for.
  4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Well a favorite .22 weapon even though I have not fired a gun yet LOL would be the Walther P22 it may not be as powerful as its P99 brother but it still looks cool as a .22 weapon to shoot. I would hope to go to the range soon when things work out.
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

The Walther P22 is a lot of fun. My wife has one for practice as her main carry piece is a P99. Cheaper practice, but same basic layout. I've started playing with it more and more. The other day I put the can on it and light up a pumpkin. Good times. Here's a pic I took on the way back.

[​IMG]
  6. Profit5500

Sweet I would love to see you shoot it on a video or something. How long have your wife had the P22?
  7. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

She picked that one up at a gun show back in 2007. I don't ever recall having any malfunctions with it and it runs like a top with factory mags.
  8. Profit5500

What gun show did your wife go to back in 2007? No malfunctions that is a huge plus for a gun like that.
  9. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I forget which one. Back in the day, we used to go to shows all the time. Now we don't because it is largely a waste of time. There really are no deals anymore.
  10. Profit5500

Oh bummer man I never been to a gun show. I was wanting to go to one to see what they are like.
  11. kana_marie

kana_marie Rookie Shooter

As far as .22s go I tend to buy Taurus. I have never had a complaint about any of them, and I've owned several. Taurus has been very dependable for me in general, though