Double barrel rounds

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by titohunter, Jul 27, 2014.

1. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

Would there ever be a way for a double or triple barrel shot gun to hold more than 2 or 3 rounds? This sucks.
  2. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Enter the DP-12 to the rescue! Its a double-barreled pump-action with a 16-round capacity.

In all seriousness, the demand for such a thing has to be fairly small. Those that want a double, want a light, fast handling gun for use on fast moving targets (clays and little birdies). Those that want a fighting shotgun, more conventional designs would probably work. Though, I grant those with two mag tubes would be helpful for the law enforcement market as you can switch between lethal and non-lethal rounds quickly.
  3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

This shotgun looks cool but I would really would like to see it in action against some clays. With a sixteen round capacity I wonder how this weapon stacks up against the Saiga 12?
  4. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Between the two, the Saiga makes a lot more sense. Its a more conventional design, is a gas operated semi-auto instead of a pump, and has a capacity ranging from 5 to 20-rounds depending on the feeding device. Alas, imports of Saigas are over for the time being.
  5. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Rookie Shooter

Two or 3 rounds from a double barrel is plenty for me. Your target is pretty much done after the first or second round, so I personally don't see any need for more then 2 or 3 shots at a time. I'm not going up against a tank.