Does anyone play Airsoft?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Philosophydaddy, May 11, 2014.

1. Philosophydaddy

Philosophydaddy Beginner Shooter

My friends have been trying to get me into playing airsoft with them lately and I've been wondering what kind of good equipment is out there for it. Apparently they basically do milsim scenarios with each other and its really fun to hear them talk. Shooting each other with plastic BBs seems a lot more fun than actual bullets haha;).
  2. beardlesswonder

beardlesswonder Rookie Shooter

I own a few airsoft guns. I went all out a purchased the metal replicas with blow back. I have never used them for training but they would be a good stand in because of the weight and feel of the guns.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I haven't ever done so. To be candid, I am not entirely sure what Airsoft is. I mean, I understand they are replica firearms that discharge a plastic BB of some kind, but don't really know how its played, scored, etc.

Do you guys enjoy the sport? Has it helped your regular shooting abilities?
  4. Philosophydaddy

Philosophydaddy Beginner Shooter

@beardlesswonder : I hadn't heard that about them. That actually sounds good for training too.

@GearZ : I actually haven't played either so I don't know the rules or anything. I would think that it might help shooting ability as well as long as the guns are of similar weight and size as the real thing. I think it'd be fun to try but I haven't put any money into it.
  5. SS42A

SS42A Beginner Shooter

I used to own an airsoft Beretta 93R and AR-15. Unfortunately, those guns did not last longer than a year and they gradually disintegrated. What I should have bought are legitimate airsoft guns from duly licensed airsoft gun dealers and not those being sold in second-hand stalls.
  6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I have some airsoft guns which only one of them is a gas-powered Glock 17 by WE. I have not fired it one bit and I don't have a nearby place to use.