AMT Hardballer

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by SS42A, Oct 1, 2014.

1. SS42A

SS42A Beginner Shooter

This is the weapon being wielded by the Terminator in the 1984 film. However, the Terminator's version carries with it a laser sighting system. So far the closest thing we had to a real-life version of this pistol is an airsoft version. Has anyone fired this weapon before?
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Yes I can remember seeing that cool handgun in Arnold's hand in the first Terminator movie. It was a classic handgun based on the 1911 except its longer and has a laser sight. I have seen some airsoft versions of this gun but as far as firing the real deal no I have not fired one.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I've seen more than one in person, but haven't shot one. The thing with the Hardballer is, like many of the AMTs back in the day, the QA was all over the board. The good ones were a work of art. The bad ones could require countless hours of a gunsmith just to get the blasted thing to cycle.

For whatever its worth, it looks like High Standard has brought back some of the AMT line (including the Auto Mag, neato!) and info is here. I'm not seeing the Hardballer though.
  4. Profit5500

The auto mag is still a cool one that is old as far as pistols is concerned. That blows that there are no AMT Hardballers by far by High Standard.
  5. Jobenvy

Jobenvy Rookie Shooter

Buddy of mine had one laying around never shot it and i know why now. He was in a bind so i bought it off him for 100 bucks. That 1911, i mean i hate even class that hunk of **** as a 1911, but its a joke. Stamped out aluminum frame stove pipping paper weight. Id steer clear of this handgun unless you can buy it for under 100 bucks.

You want a great 1911 for low cost go with the Springfield GI's. I have 2 and i wouldn't trade them for nothing!
  6. Profit5500

What brand of 1911 are you talking about? I know of Remington 1911's, Sig Sauer 1911's, Colt 1911's, and Springfield 1911's of course. I just have not had the chance to use a 1911 and from what some people say it can be good or not so good. If I was using the AMT Hardballer I would like to outfit it with a lasersight similar to the one in the Terminator movie. I would like to use a Razorcat pistol but those things are extremely expensive. They cost around like $9000 something like that. It is a total killer on your pocket.
  7. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Springfield does indeed put out a solid 1911. I have also had good luck with the RIAs in the "budget 1911" category. I picked one up for around $300 years ago and its never caused me a bit of trouble.
  8. Jobenvy

Jobenvy Rookie Shooter

The AMT hardballer is almost impossible to find anymore, and thats a GOOD THING! Its a real piece of junk. Cast in aluminium weak everything prone to crack around the frames constant stove pipping of loads (thats when a round stops halfway up the feed ramp).. Buy Springfield, or Colt have a happy fully functioning 1911 without any problems.