Air rifles

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by woot223, Nov 16, 2013.

1. woot223

woot223 Rookie Shooter

Do you own an air rifle/ pellet gun? I had 3. I love shooting them because of how quiet they are because I have neighbors who live really close to me and even a .22 is way too loud for that kind of an environment. The model I have now is a Russian made Baikal MP-512, a pretty weak pellet gun but accurate enough for me to be able to hit a 2.5cm (1 inch) diameter target from 20 meters away and it's very fun to shoot.
  2. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsu Beginner Shooter

I've got a pretty nice Remington air rifle. Forget what model it is, but it's a break barrel that shoots 800fps with a real nice scope. It works pretty well for rabbits and squirrels. (My dad's actually borrowing it for that reason). At my place, though, the main pest is groundhogs, and they usually stay too far out for pellets. I've thought about taking that scope and putting it on my .22, though, for that same reason. I've got pretty close neighbors, too, but fortunately, they really don't care if I'm out shooting, as he pops groundhogs sometimes, too.
    That pellet rifle was definitely a good buy, though.
  3. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I've got 3 pellet guns myself, all pistols from my late teens. I never had a rifle since my parents wouldn't let me. The pistols remained hidden from them. ;)

One is horribly weak and useless, the other two are CO2 powered that sit just under 500fps. Anything over 500fps in Canada requires a firearm license if I remember correctly.
  4. hedonologist

hedonologist Rookie Shooter

I have the Stoeger X20. It's a very sturdy and powerful rifle. The only downside I can see to it is that the scope is quite poor in my opinion, and there is no sight on the end of the barrel. Unfortunately without a firearm license this is the best I can hope for. Still 1100fps is still relatively powerful.
  5. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

You have to have a license to own any firearm? 1100fps is pretty powerful! That's faster then most 9mm bullets travel. You'll shoot your eye out ;)
  6. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I have a .
    I have a .308 Lapua MAGNUM sniper rifle, it's a beautiful copy piece and fires just as well, I also have a copy of the WA2000 sniper rifle, which is a bit chunkier and a tad heavier than the .308 but it's just as much fun to fire.
  7. skywatcher

skywatcher Rookie Shooter

I've got my own pair of pistols just for fun, but I'm not sure where I placed the pellets, haha.

I got into air rifles when my bestfriend showed me his father's armory. I said armory because it was an entire dressing cabinet filled with air rifles, with the top part with air pistols lined up. I'm not sure what it was doing in their dressing room, but I literally was stunned for a few seconds when I saw their collection. Unfortunately, when a typhoon hit the country on our parts of the place, the armory kind of got washed away.
  8. beardlesswonder

beardlesswonder Rookie Shooter

I have to Gamo air rifles and I love them. They are tack drivers. The are honestly the best pellet guns I have owned.
  9. mmmaske

mmmaske Rookie Shooter

My late grandfather left me his old BB gun. It had to be pumped manually, and the pump broke down over time. I can't find any more ammo for it, it uses a certain caliber that apparently isn't made anymore. :(

Sad, really.
  10. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

We have one .22, single-shot pellet gun. It was obtained for pest removal, but we haven't really used it much.